Q. 175.0( 2 Votes )
Complete the foll
(1) Kill the cells
(2) Remove the chlorophyll
(1) The leaf cells are killed to avoid further chemical reactions leading to photosynthesis.
(2) To have the proper judgment of chlorophyll formed after the experiment, the chlorophyll formed previously has to be removed by boiling in methylated spirit.
(3) Iodine is used as the reagent as it changes colour in the presence of starch.
(4) A bluish-black coloration is formed in regions containing starch as iodine and starch react together to form polyiodide chains.
(5) Regions of the plant that does not contain starch, turns brown.
Rate this question :