Q. 14.0( 2 Votes )
Classify minerals on the basis of chemical and physical properties.
● A mineral is a naturally occurring substance that has various chemical and physical properties.
● On this basis, it is classified into metallics and nonmetallic.
● Metallic minerals are the sources of metals. For example, iron ore, gold, and copper.
● They are either ferrous or nonferrous.
● All the minerals having iron content are called ferrous metals. Such as iron ore.
● All the minerals that do not have iron content are called nonferrous metals. Such as copper and bauxite.
● Nonmetallic minerals are either organic or inorganic.
● Organic is derived from buried animals plant life, such as coal, fossil fuels, etc. They are also called mineral fuels.
● Inorganic minerals are mica, graphite, and limestone.
Rate this question :
Answer the following questions in about 30 words.
Name non-ferrous metal. Discuss their spatial distribution.
NCERT - India-People And Economy