Q. 14.0( 3 Votes )
Globalisation was introduced in India in 1991 and it has affected not only the economic and political but also the social and cultural life of India. Globalisation has had very profound impact on Indian culture. Here we will discuss the effect of globalisation on marriages in India.
1) Indian marriages are well known for their vibrant, rich and superior looks.
2) Indian wedding ceremonies have always been serious and ritual affairs and all the religions in India consider marriage has a ritual knot.
3) But this section is also affected by globalisation.
4) The patience and tolerance level are weakening and marriages are breaking.
5) The functions which were performed with family participation are now in hands of event managers.
6) The love, emotions, values, tradition and celebrations of marriage is being replaced by western celebration.
7) Now divorce is getting very common in Indian society.
Rate this question :
Give examples ofSociology - Board Papers
In what way adverSociology - Board Papers
The effects of glSociology - Board Papers
How do people finSociology - Board Papers
Briefly disNCERT - Social Change and Development in India
What is gloNCERT - Social Change and Development in India
Choose anyNCERT - Social Change and Development in India