a) The theory is known as ’Darwinian Theory of evolution’. Salient features of this theory are:
1. There were varying degree of similarities between the existing and the life forms that existed million of years ago.
2. The evolution has been gradual which came at different time.
3. There is only the survival of the fittest .
4. The population that will survive better in the natural conditions will survive better than the others known as natural selection.
5. Adaptability is inherited and fitness is the end result of ability to adapt.
b) Alfred Russel Wallace was also a scientist who proposed the theory of evolution by natural selection.
Rate this question :
Identify the areaBiology - Board Papers