Bones are hard structures and cannot be bent. But, we can still bend our elbow, knee, etc. How is this possible?
Any kind of movement occurs at Joints. Joint is a place where two bones meet.
Elbow Joint and Knee Joint are hinge joint, where movement occurs in one direction.
Rate this question :
Answer the following:
a. What is a ball and socket joint?
b. Which of the skull bones are movable?
c. Why can our elbow not move backwards?NCERT Science
Indicate true (T) and false (F) among the following sentences:
a. The movement and locomotion of all animals is exactly the same. ( )
b. The cartilages are harder than bones. ( )
c. The finger bones do not have joints. ( )
d. The fore arm has two bones. ( )
e. Cockroaches have an outer skeleton. ( )NCERT Science
Write the type of joint which is used for each of the following movements :
(a) A cricket bowler bowls the ball.
(b) A girl moves her head in right and left direction.
(c) A person lifts weights to build up his biceps.NCERT - Science Exemplar
How many muscles work together to move a bone?NCERT - Science Exemplar
Provide one word answer to the statements given below.
1. Joint which allow movement in all directions.
2. Hard structure that forms the skeleton.
3. Part of the body with a fixed joint.
4. Help in the movement of body by contraction and relaxation.
5. Bones that join with chest bone at one end to the backbone at the other end.
6. Framework of bones which gives shape to our body.
7. Bones which enclose the organs of our body that lie below the abdomen.
8. Joint where our neck joints the head.
9. Part of the skeleton that forms the earlobe.NCERT - Science Exemplar
What would have happened if our backbone was made of one single bone?
●NCERT - Science Exemplar
Name the type of joint of your hand which help you to grasp a badminton racquet.NCERT - Science Exemplar
Which of the following joints is immovable?NCERT - Science Exemplar
Which of the following parts of our body help us in movement?
Choose the correct answer from the option below.NCERT - Science Exemplar