How to score 160 + in Chemistry In NEET 2020
How to score 160 + in Chemistry In NEET 2020
NEET is the national-level Medical Entrance exam for the aspirants to get admission in MBBS/BDS Courses in various government or private medical colleges affiliated by Medical Council of India. NEET 2020 exam is going to be held once a year in offline mode (Pen & Paper) by NTA.
With just about 8 months left for the exam, you all must be prepared in your own ways. To help you score better, we have listed down the importance of Chemistry section and how can you score 160+ in this section.
Tips to Score 160+ in Chemistry for NEET 2020
Scoring good in Chemistry can take you above the average scorers, while Physics section will decide if you will be among rankers or not.
Believe us scoring 160+ in Chemistry section is not an uphill task provided you follow the right strategy during your preparation phase. Some students even score cent per cent marks.
Chemistry section consists of three parts, i.e. Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry. Usually, questions asked are of equal weightage from the three sections.
We will be mentioning the right approach or strategy for acing a good score in all the three sub-sections.
How to Start Preparing for NEET Chemistry
As it’s been analysed through previous year’s papers, most of the questions asked are as per NCERT level. So, start with going through each and every chapter of NCERT thoroughly. Go through every example and questions at least twice.
Make detailed notes of every chapter mentioning all the important concepts, it will come to your aid in revising all the concepts efficiently.
For scoring good in this section, a student needs to invest time regularly as it involves solving numerical and calculations. As said above, start with NCERT and build concepts followed by practising every example and questions at the back.
After this, you can practice questions from any standard book and improve on the application part of concepts. Learn some fast calculation techniques for solving questions quicker.
Some chapters like Thermochemistry, equilibrium, Coordination compounds, etc should be given some extra attention as these are the topics you might face problem in the exam.
This is generally considered as the most boring section by students, but at the same time, it is easiest to score in. Go through each and every line of NCERT carefully, questions are directly framed from NCERT. Using the approach of mnemonics can help you in remembering the facts much more easily and for a longer period of time.
Make charts and short notes for the facts, that you are having difficulty remembering. Paste them on the walls of your room or your study desk, so that you can go through them every now and then.
This is the section in which NCERT might not be enough, your faculty will be helpful here. Understanding the basics is very crucial for this section, otherwise, you will always hate organic Chemistry. GOC (General Organic Chemistry) is very important, it involves the basics on which organic chemistry works, so master this topic.
Make a chart of all the named reactions, first from the NCERT and then from any standard book ( Reactions and rearrangements by SN Sanyal).
Also, make notes of all the important reagents and their actions. Revise them on a regular basis. Never try to mug up anything, focus on learning the mechanism behind reactions.
Right study strategy to follow and some preparation tips:
- Don’t ignore NCERT- It is a common mistake that a lot of students commit. NCERT alone is enough for scoring more than 160+ if read with utmost care. Go through each and every chapter at least twice before the exam.
- Analyzing the pattern and syllabus- Before starting, analyze the NEET Chemistry syllabus & pattern and level of the exam. Write down all the important chapters and topics and strategize accordingly.
Important Topics for NEET Chemistry 2020
- Mole concept and Stoichiometry
- Atomic structure
- Electrochemistry and redox reactions
- Equilibrium and Chemical kinetics
- Chemical Bonding
- Coordination compounds
- Block elements- s,p,d and f
- Periodic properties of elements
- Polymers and biomolecules
- Follow the right books- We are mentioning the ideal NEET books for the aspirants.
- NCERT textbooks
- Physical Chemistry by OP Tandon.
- Reactions and rearrangements by SN Sanyal.
- Inorganic Chemistry by J.D Lee
- Always clear all your doubts- Never keep any doubts in your mind, clear even the smallest of your doubts, especially in organic chemistry
- Prepare a monthly time table or study plan- Have weekly and monthly targets, study in a scheduled manner not randomly. Make notes of every chapter mentioning even the slightest of points. It will help in making the revision process even more smooth
- Practising previous year papers- Practice previous year question papers for knowing the important topics and the level of questions that you can expect. Try doing some JEE Main sets as well, sometimes questions are directly picked from there. Analyze your weak points from them and work accordingly on improving those areas
- Right revision strategy- Complete your NEET syllabus at least 2 months before the exam date. Then, prepare an effective study plan for revising all the important concepts thoroughly. This phase of preparation is indeed very important. So, don’t lose your pace in this phase
Some Tips to Follow During Exam Time
- First, go through all the questions and then start attempting
- Start with doing theoretical questions first and then jump to questions involving calculations or logical thinking
- Maintain the pace during the exam, don’t get stuck on any question for too long
- Allocate time to this section according to the level of the exam, never allocate 1 hour solely for this section
- Never do the guesswork, it will eventually degrade your scores
- Be calm during the exam, don’t panic
Just remember, there is no substitute for hard work. Along with that, self-analyzing at regular intervals and tracking your progress is equally important. Enjoy the preparation phase and surely you will reach the desired result.
The Most Comprehensive Exam Prep App