CBSE Improvement Exam 2020 Application Form for Class 12
CBSE Improvement exam 2020 application form will be out soon on the official CBSE Portal. The CBSE improvement exam date is not out yet, however it is expected to be out by September 2020. Students who have got compartment/fail in any subject can also apply to re-appear for the board exams through CBSE improvement exam. We will update the direct link to fill the application form for the CBSE improvement exam 2020. Let's check out the details below.
CBSE Improvement Application Form 2020 (Link not active)
Marks obtained in the 10+2 or equivalent examination of central or state board or is one of the primary eligibility for the JEE Main 2020 exam. There is no weightage for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE (Main) examination. But for the candidates to qualify for the admission in the IITs/NITs/IIITs and such other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions whose admissions are based on the JEE Main (and consequently, JEE Advanced ranks), they need to secure at least 75 percentage of marks in the 12th class examination of CBSE, or be in the top 20 percentiles in the 12th class examination of their respective Boards (whichever is lower).
While for the SC/ST students, the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
Now, while preparing for JEE Main, it is absolutely essential for an aspirant to make sure that he/she scores this minimum qualifying marks. Otherwise, even if you get the 1st rank, you will NOT be eligible for the admissions. For all the students studying in CBSE, if you fail to qualify with 75% marks, you can try to improve it next time. CBSE gives opportunity with improvement exams in the subsequent year.
Rules for CBSE Improvement Exam 2020
- The students who have passed the exam in 2020, as well as 2019, are eligible to appear for the improvement exam in 2020 (consecutive year). Details of students who appeared in 2020 will be auto-generated. However, students who appeared in 2019 or earlier, will need to submit the details on the online form.
- The students who failed in 2020 or earlier, need to appear in the compartment exams or reappear as regular students.
- In the improvement exams, the student can choose 1 or more subjects to appear. But he or she cannot appear in additional subjects (subjects not enrolled for in the previous year)
- The forms have been released. They can be filled online or from regional offices of CBSE. Click on the link below to apply for improvement of performance exams:
Rules for Improvement Exams related to JEE Main 2020
- Students who appeared for class 12th board exams in 2020 or 2019 but could not clear the minimum required marks (75%) but passed all the subjects, can appear for improvement exams in 2020 in one or more subjects.
- If the student appears for only 1 or few subjects, then the cut-off for the top 20 percentile of 2019 will be considered.
- If the students appear for all the subjects, then the best out of the two performances will be considered.
- IT IS NOT MANDATORY TO APPEAR FOR THE IMPROVEMENT EXAMS OF ALL SUBJECTS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR JEE MAIN 2020.
- If the candidate appears for the improvement exam in any of the required subjects, then the aggregate will be calculated on the basis of the best performance.
All those students who have failed to secure 75 per cent or be in the top 20 percentiles of their respective 12th board examinations and still preparing for JEE Main (or Advanced) 2020, must appear for the improvement exam in ONE or MORE subjects as required, to be eligible for JEE Main and JEE Advanced and get an opportunity to secure a seat in any of the Centrally Funded Technical Institutes of the country.
How to Fill CBSE Improvement Private Application Form 2020
- Put the correct combination of your Roll number, School number and Centre number (as given in your mark sheet) of Board Examination.
- In case wrong details are filled the application will be processed and the error message will be displayed.
- Student can fill only one application form. In case your application is already submitted you will not be allowed to apply again.
- Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s name will be auto-generated.
- The applicant will be required to provide a contact number, email ID and address. Phone number should be of 10 digits and should contain numbers only.
- The region will be automatically generated based on the current residential address. For the Private examination- 2019, controlling region for the candidate will be decided by the online system based on the current residential address entered by the applicant in the online system. For example: if the candidate has appeared in class XII main examination from Varanasi (Regional Office Allahabad) and is now residing at Jaipur, the centre of the examination will make in the jurisdiction of Regional Office, Ajmer if the candidate writes his residential address as Jaipur. However, eligibility of such a case for appearing in examination will be decided by the RO Allahabad.
- The applicant needs to upload scanned jpg files of their Photo and signature not exceeding 40 KB in size.
- The code number of subject and medium should be entered very carefully, after comparing with previous marks statements if available. Particular care should be taken for indicating the code against languages as there are two types of courses. For medium code write 1 for English and 2 for Hindi. For language, medium code is not required.
- Make sure you have selected bank where you want to deposit the fee and country. These are mandatory fields.
- Email Id should be in the correct format.
- Female fresh candidates of Delhi Scheme will be required to upload a scanned copy of the affidavit and submit the same to Regional Office, Delhi along with confirmation page.
- Visually challenged candidates will be required to upload the scanned copy of Medical Certificate (Disability Certificate) in the concerned Regional Office from where he/she want to appear along with the confirmation page.
Final Step: Submission of Confirmation Page
Applicant should sign the confirmation page. After Fee payment printout of confirmation page, copy of mark sheet, affidavit (FRESH FEMALE of DELHI SCHEME) along with proof of deposited Fee should be sent to "Regional Officer, CBSE Regional Office” as per address is given above within stipulated schedule.
If Fee is sent through DD (only in respect of foreign candidates); Application No. and Roll No./Year of the candidate must be written on the backside of the Demand Draft.
Note: If the candidate has made any mistake in subjects/information entered he/she should contact the Regional Office concerned along with the copy of confirmation page and request for correction.
Fee Details & Last Date of CBSE Improvement Application Form 2020
|N/A||Exam Fee for private candidates for 5 subjects||900||5000|
|Per Subject Fee for any extra subject for private candidates||180||1000|
|Per subject Fee for additional/improvement/compartment||200||1000|
|Additional Fee for project/practical subject||80||200|
For any further clarification, post your queries in the comments.
All the best!!