Q. 25.0( 2 Votes )
To set up a democratic government in India, the constituent assembly was formed. This was to be done not by any one person but by the Constituent Assembly with 300 members. The Assembly held its first meeting on 9th December 1946, they met periodically for the next three years to frame the constitution.
The Contributions made by the assembly are:
1. The decision to grant Universal Adult Franchise to all men and women above 18 years of age was historic.
2. Including Fundamental Rights as an important feature of the constitution. The Fundamental Rights grants certain rights to people like equality to all, freedom of speech etc, any person whose rights get s neglected can move to the Supreme Court.
3. Federalism- Seeing the vastness of our country ’s size and population, the assembly established a federal system of government i.e division of powers between centre and states.
4. Abolition of all forms of discrimination of caste and creed, the abolition of untouchability.
5. Equal rights under the law to Indian women, and full social and economic freedom/s to them, too.
Rate this question :