Increasing order of basicity,
• We know that basic nature of amine follows the trend 3°<2°<1°.
• But in the presence of a bulky group such as benzene ring, there will be steric hindrance which will result in the decrease in the basicity of the group.
• Thus, the order of increasing basicity for the above compounds is,
Increasing order of solubility in water,
• If the alkyl group is small, there will be no steric hindrance against Hydrogen bonding with water.
• The trend followed then will be 2°>1°>3°.
• Thus, the order of increasing solubility for the above compounds is,
Rate this question :
(a) Write the reaChemistry - Board Papers