Q. 15.0( 1 Vote )
Arrange a discuss
● The concept of Satyagraha was adopted and introduced by Mahatma Gandhi.
● It is a Sanskrit term which translates to, ‘holding onto truth’.
● Gandhi first used this method of passive resistance in South Africa in the period dated 1893-1914.
● Later, he deployed the same methodology during the Indian National Freedom Struggle.
● The aim of satyagraha is to make a person who committed an act of injustice, to realize or be aware of the truth and justice of the matter, thereby bringing about a transformation in his or her opinion and attitude.
● This ideology influenced the actions of great leaders like Martin Luther King Jr. and James Bavel during the Civil Rights’ Movement in the United States, as well as several other social reform and socio-political movements across the world.
Rate this question :