Q. 35.0( 1 Vote )
Answer in three o
(a) The issues discussed in Earth Summit of 1992:
1. Depletion of the ozone layer due to the increasing use of chemicals.
2. Protection of forests and natural resources as the area under forest cover was depleting rapidly for modern needs.
3. Curbing pollution which had started affecting the global environment and ecosystem.
(b) UN declared the International Women’s Day to:
1. Attract attention to the women’s issues which were largely ignored in the past.
2. Emphasize the importance of male-female equality and find solutions to the male domination especially in jobs.
3. To empower women and their status in society so that they can rise to their full potential without any obstacle.
(c) Disarmament refers to destroying, stopping the production or limiting the use of weapons. It is a step towards building trust and thereby promoting peace and security. UN declared universal and comprehensive disarmament as its goal in 1959.
Rate this question :