Q. 45.0( 1 Vote )
Answer in four or five lines:
(a) What are the objectives of the United Nations?
(b) What are the functions of the General Assembly?
(c) What are the functions of Economic and Social Council?
(a) Objectives of the UN:
1. Enhance international peace and security through discussions, conferences and global projects.
2. Develop friendly relations among nations to avoid conflict and war.
3. Resolve international issues through peaceful means.
4. Protect human rights and freedom to reduce inequalities and ensure a minimum standard of living for everyone.
(b) Functions of the General Assembly:
1. Discuss reports from Security Council to ensure participation of all member nations and pass the UN budget.
2. Elect non-permanent members of the Security Council as well as members of the Economic and Social Council periodically.
3. Discuss international issues in the sessions so that the views of all the nations are represented.
(c) Functions of Economic and Social Council:
1. Discuss global problems like poverty, apartheid, social inequalities etc. so that all the major issues of the world have a platform of discussion.
2. Create awareness about human rights and freedom because every human being has a right to freedom and no one should be denied that.
3. Undertake projects to solve social, cultural and educational issues etc. so that the issues receive the attention and external help it needs for getting resolved.
Rate this question :