Q. 13.7( 42 Votes )
Androgens are syn
• Androgens are synthesized by Leydig cells.
• Leydig cells also called as the interstitial cells occupy the space outside the seminiferous tubules called as the interstitial space.
• They synthesize as well as secrete the testicular hormones called the androgens which play a main role in imparting male characters and their reproductive activities.
Option A is incorrect as Sertoli cells provide nutrition to the developing sperms.
Option C is incorrect as Seminal vesicles produce secretions which constitute the seminal plasma.
Option D is incorrect as Bulbourethral gland produce secretions which help in the lubrication of penis.
• A procedure that finds use in testing for genetic disorders, but is also misused for foeticide is Amniocentesis.
• Amniocentesis is the technique in which a small amount of amniotic fluid is taken from the mother’s womb and is used to test the developing foetus for any genetic abnormalities.
• It is also used to determine the sex of the baby which is misused for foeticide.
Option A is incorrect as Lactational amenorrhea is the condition of the absence of menstrual cycle during the period of lactation following parturition.
Option C is incorrect as Artificial insemination is the technique in which the semen collected from the donor is artificially inserted into the vagina of the female. It is one of the methods employed to overcome infertility.
Option D is incorrect as Parturition is the process of delivery of the foetus.
Rate this question :