India & China, both the countries started off on cordial note post independence with the signing of Panchsheel. However, the relations turned cold post-1962 war which created mistrust between the two countries since then.
1. After 1962 it took four decades for India and China to stabilise their relation. Atal Bihari became the first foreign minister to visit China after 1962.
2. Since then Indo China relation mostly focused upon trade.
3. Both nations have border disputes, which has not been yet resolved. And the border disputes arise every now and then.
4. China is building its relations with China which is viewed as hostile to India’s interest.
India has many times resolved international conflicts peacefully.
1. Indian Foreign Policy was proposed under Jawahar Lal Nehru: He proposed the idea of Non Aligned movement, to protect the newly liberated colonial nations’ sovereignty. India under Nehru and NAM proposed the principle of nonalignment and a country’s freedom to choose its fate when the two major blocs were manipulating countries to join their respective groups.
2. India stood independent during the cold war and did not join any major power bloc.
Rate this question :
Highlight any twoPolitical Science - Board Papers
Two developPolitical Science - Board Papers
During Nehru era,Political Science - Board Papers
Highlight the maiPolitical Science - Board Papers
Differentiate betPolitical Science - Board Papers
Why did India oppPolitical Science - Board Papers
Analyze the impacPolitical Science - Board Papers
State any one spePolitical Science - Board Papers
Read the passagePolitical Science - Board Papers