The different views are:
1. There is a section that wants India to maintain distance from the US and focus more on improving indigenous powers.
2. One section believes that India cannot exclude the US due to its hegemony and moreover benefit from its hegemony.
3. Some want India to club together and lead the developing countries while excluding and overpowering the hegemon.
India and Bangladesh share a unique bond and a special relationship rooted in a common cultural heritage, shared principles and values and forged by common aspirations and sacrifices of its peoples.
But unfortunately, there exist many contentious issues between the two countries. The issues are discussed as below:
1. the major area of dispute has been India’s construction and operation of the Farakka Barrage. The inadequacy of water during the lean season to meet the assessed demands in the two countries is the root cause of the conflict.
2. Border dispute: The border is used as a route for smuggling livestock, food items, medicines, and drugs from India to Bangladesh. Moreover, illegal immigrants from Bangladesh cross the border to India in search of improving their lives.
3. The issue of demarcating territorial waters led to serious differences between the two countries.
Rate this question :
Describe the threPolitical Science - Board Papers
Mention any fourPolitical Science - Board Papers
Analyze any threePolitical Science - Board Papers
Analyze the biggePolitical Science - Board Papers
What does hide stPolitical Science - Board Papers
Explain the meaniPolitical Science - Board Papers