The four factors that led the Congress Party to a spectacular win in 1971 elections are given below:
1. Indira Gandhi had managed to gain a positive image of her personality and work for the benefit of the country.
2. The government had nationalized over 14 banks during its reign. It means that the government had taken over the private organization.
3. The had introduced slogans of ‘Garibi Hatao’ which fast gained prominence all over the country.
4. The early elections led to sympathy votes for the injustice done to Indira Gandhi.
5. The defeat of the official candidate for the post of President.
I partially agree with the justification given by the Government of India for declaring National Emergency on the night of 25th June 1975 is given below:
1. The number of protests, dharnas, and agitations, etc was on a rise.
2. They disrupted the working or the routine life of the people.
3. Parliamentary politics were targeting the government for their selfish motives.
4. It negatively affected the development of the country.
5. The movements launched by the opposition parties disrupted the government’s routine work and administrative work.
Rate this question :
Describe any threPolitical Science - Board Papers
<span lang="EN-GBPolitical Science - Board Papers
Describes the jouPolitical Science - Board Papers
Who were DaPolitical Science - Board Papers
What was ‘OperatiPolitical Science - Board Papers
Why and how did tPolitical Science - Board Papers