Q. 195.0( 1 Vote )
Analyse the facto
Most of the iron and steel industries in India are concentrated in the Chhota Nagpur region.
The reasons are as follows:
1. There are many iron mines in the region. This facilitates easy transport of ores from the mines to industries.
2. Since most of the states of the region have the skilled but illiterate population, plenty of cheap human labour is available.
3. Sources of power such as coal and natural gas are easily available in this plateau.
4. There is an abundance of raw materials like as bauxite, limestone and manganese in this region.
5. The Chhota Nagpur plateau has a well-developed transport system and the roads and railways are well connected. Moreover, the port of Kolkata helps in the export of iron ore.
Because of the availability of land, labour and transport, the iron and steel industries of the Chhota Nagpur plateau forms the backbone of the Indian economy.
Rate this question :