Q. 235.0( 1 Vote )
Although the UN h
The restructuring of the UN is the hope for some countries because that changes would help the UN and also concern countries to cope better with the unipolar world in which the U.S is the most powerful country without any serious rivals.
Arguments that justify that the prevalence of UN in cold war Era was significant was:
• The US is the dominant country in the Unipolar world, the UN has served its best to bring the US and many other countries into the discussion over the various issues.
• The cold war was the emergence of two great economic power US and Soviet Union, but the UN had minimal control over the war. The involvement of the UN in this period was ineffective.
• The end of the cold war has been increased the communal interest between the nations and the UN. This helped to tackle the prevention of the third world war in the world.
The three changes which took place at the international level in the post-cold war period are as follows.
• The emergence of the unipolar world after the disintegration of the USSR has led to the rise of US hegemony at the international level. The rise of debate between the unipolar and multipolar world order. Power relation in the world politics changed, therefore, the ideas and the institutions also changed. At the end of the Cold War, the US became the sole superpower. Backed by the power and prestige of the US, the capitalist economy was now the dominant economic system internationally.
• The rise of various constraints on the US hegemony and the emergence of the various alternative centres of powers in the world.
• China is fast emerging as a great power, and India also is growing rapidly. China has been the fastest growing economy since the reforms first began there. It is projected to surpass the US as the world’s largest economy by 2040. Its economic combination into the region makes it the driver of East Asian growth, thereby giving it enormous influence in regional affairs.
Rate this question :