Q. 115.0( 1 Vote )
‘Access to book created a new culture of reading’. Support the statement by giving three examples.
• Because of print, now books could reach a wider population and were easily available.
• Many people who disagreed with the established authority, and were not able to express their thoughts, they could now easily publish what they wrote.
• What many thinkers wrote was now available to a wider population so, the thought process and opinions of many people changed.
• Novels created an interest in women lives and their thoughts and aspirations, in fact, they created an interest in their own lives.
• Access to books led to an increase in the literacy rates of many parts of Europe, and books began to be printed on a large scale.
• There was experimentation with the different themes of the booksand the genres. Books started to cover themes like poetry, romance, war, women and even spiritual thoughts.
• Novels were printed, and even stories for children were printed which included folk tales, fairy tales and even moral stories.
• A children’s press was established in France in 1857 which performed the function of printing for children.
Rate this question :
What is lithography?Together With Social Science
What is the difference between manuscripts and novels?Full Marks - Social Science
Which factors caused the diversification of the printing system in China?All In One - History
Who introduced the hand printing technology in Japan?All In One - History
Name the religion reformer who was responsible for the Protestant Reformation.All In One - History
Explain how print culture affected women in the 19th century in India.All In One - History
How did a new reading culture bloom in China?All In One - History