Q. 3 E5.0( 2 Votes )
(A) the regions of hind brain:-
1. Medulla- It controls various involuntary activities like breathing, heartbeat, peristalsis movement of alimentary canal, blood pressure.
It also controls the main centre of reflex action like coughing, sneezing, vomiting, etc.
2. Cerebellum- It maintains the balance of body and postures.
3. Pons- It regulates the process of respiration
(B) The cerebrum has 4 lobes. Each lobe performs specific functions:
1. Occipital lobe- performs the function of visual reception (to see).
2. Temporal lobe- performs the function of auditory reception (to hear)
3. Parietal lobe- performs the function of reception of general smell, touch and temperature.
4. Frontal lobe- controls specific muscular activities like thought, speech and memory.
Rate this question :