(a) Draw a
The process of formation of a mature female gamete is called oogenesis. The process begins at embryonic stage within the fetal ovary.
(b) Morula is formed in the fallopian tube in humans.
The mitotic division starts as the zygote moves through the isthmus of the oviduct called cleavage towards the uterus and forms 2, 4, 8, 16 daughter cells called blastomeres. The embryo with 8-16 blastomeres is called a morula.
• The ovule is a small structure attached to the placenta by means of a stalk called funicle.
• The body of ovule fuses with funicle in the region called hilum.
• Each ovule has one or two protective envelops called integuments.
• Enclosed within integuments is a mass of cells called the nucellus.
• Integuments encircle the nucellus except at the tip where a small opening called micropyle.
• The chalaza is present opposite the micropylar end and it represents the basal part of the ovule.
(b) After fertilization, the egg cell forms zygote (2n), polar nuclei forms primary endosperm nucleus (3n) and antipodals degenerate.
Rate this question :